We are looking for enthusiastic and engaged volunteers who can commit time on a regular basis to support the Heart of England Forest’s estate management.
As a Volunteer Leader you will take on additional responsibilities including supervising and guiding other volunteers as they conduct practical tasks across the Forest.
About the role
The Volunteer Leaders will be physically active and responsible for running and supervising practical volunteer tasks as set by the Volunteer Manager across the Forest throughout the year.
You will provide volunteers with safety and tool briefings, lead and guide volunteers through a volunteering day, and provide post event feedback and other important information to the Volunteer Manager.
As a Volunteer Leader we will support you and aid your development to provide you with the skills to lead and direct volunteers.
These voluntary roles are supported by the Green Recovery Challenge Fund and will help train and develop our volunteers, as well as create more opportunities for volunteering across the charity – helping to grow and maintain the Heart of England Forest and support the wider work of the charity long term.
Benefits of the role
In return for generously giving your time, this role provides a number of benefits including:
- Developing new skills, knowledge and experience across all aspects of the charity’s estate management work
- Receiving training where appropriate to support your role and future development
- Playing a vital role in helping the charity grow and develop volunteering – last year volunteers provided the equivalent time and support as three full time members of staff and we have ambitious and exciting plans to significantly increase this
- Helping the Heart of England Forest grow and work towards its mission to create and manage a huge new woodland for the country
- A written reference provided by the charity should you require one.
Apply for this role
To apply for this role, please complete the application form and the equality and diversity monitoring form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.