Footpath closures in the Forest
Providing access to the Forest via our network of permissive footpaths is one of the ways we are able to open up the Forest to visitors. To allow people to enjoy the Forest 364 days a year, we need to close our permissive footpaths for just one day.
Footpaths closed for 24 hours
This year all permissive paths will be closed on Wednesday 7th December for 24 hours. We will also be closing the car parks on the same day at Dorothy’s Wood, Giddings Wood, Morgrove Coppice, Haydon Way Wood, Coxmere Wood in Braggington and Noleham Wood near Long Marston.
Public Rights of Way passing through any of the woodlands will be unaffected by this 24 hour closure.
We appreciate your support and understanding on this issue. A summary of the footpaths and car parks affected is listed below. Please do get in touch by email or phone if you have any questions.
If you are not familiar with all of our way marked routes then please visit the walks page on our website.
Heart of England Forest car parks closed on 7th December 2022:
- Dorothy’s Wood car park
- Giddings Wood car park
- Morgrove Coppice car park
- Haydon Way Wood car park
- Noleham Wood car park (near Long Marston)
- Coxmere Wood car park (Braggington)
Woodland and farmland walks closed on 7th December 2022 (A-Z):
All Heart of England Forest woodlands and meadows in Barton, Dorsington, Pebworth, Long Marston and Studley. Including (but not limited to):
- Barton Riverside Meadow (excluding the public footpath access)
- College Wood (excluding the public footpath access)
- Dorothy’s Wood
- Dorsington Wood
- Brookside Cut
- Colletts Wood (excluding the public footpath access)
- Coxmere Wood (excluding the public footpath access)
- Eddie’s Wood
- Giddings Wood
- Heart of England Forest Arboretum
- Low Furrow Wood
- Noleham Wood
- Ralph’s Wood
- Roberts Wood
- Roman Field Wood
- Spernal Hall Farm (excluding the public footpath access)
- Spernal Park
- Morgrove Coppice (excluding the public footpath access)